Ios Island in short!
Ios is the one and only Cycladic island combining huge sandy beaches, important ancient History, since Pro-Cycladic period, Tasteful food & Warm hospitality. The kind of hospitality a lot think you cannot find any more in Cyclades. The island of Ios, has just begun to conquer big investors, having for years fanatical tourists from America and Australia. It is already growing to the point where other Cycladic Islands have preceded it and is the ultimate opportunity for investments of all sizes at affordable prices at this time. You may visit:
- the archaeological museum in the town hall of Hora,
- the Pro-Cycladic settlement at Skarkos,
- the remains of graves of the Hellenistic period where tradition claims that the tomb of the poet Homer lies,
- the Byzantine castle built 300meters above the sea at Paleokastro,
- the Byzantine church on the highest point of the island, 713meters above the sea,
- the lighthouse of Ios built at the end of the 18th century by French technicians,
- and finally, do not forget to visit the Cheese factory on the road to Psathi, and take some of the most delicious cheese with you.